Monday 6 February 2012

Shorter list today

This was from my lunch date with Chris (as it is known to my co-workers lol).

In the book, he is finished up his contract in Bermuda and moved to New York. The chapter about Bermuda is probably one of my most favourite in the book.  It shows that he can be a cad, loves his liquor, but it also shows his softer side, the introspective side. I loved all the references to The Tempest.  I love that play.  Especially, reading it as a Caliban (me, being Mohawk, one of the 'conquered'). It puts a twist on the truths spoken in it - from Caliban to the alcohol, to the stupidity of the conquerors.  It's great!

Sometimes, I feel like I should say who I know and who I don't know, or haven't read.  I'm just listing everything/everyone.  For example, I took Keats at Trent University, but it's been so long ago, I really should read it again.

Feb 6

Plays
The Petrified Forest
George and Margaret 

Quotes
The Tempest
We shall lose our time and all be turned to barnacles, or to apes

Caliban
I'll show thee every fertile inch o' the island...
I'll show thee the best springs, I'll pluck thee berries...
I prithee let me bring thee where crabs grow...
Wilt thou go with me?

Full fathom five thy father lies
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes...

Thou has done well...
Thou shalt be free
As mountain winds...prospero

Miranda
Had I been any god of power, I would
Have sunk the sea within the earth. Or ere
It should the good ship so have swallow'd

Keats
Full beautiful a faery's child
Her hair was long, her foot was light
And her eyes were wild

Robert Browning - looking as f they were alive

She has a touching way
Of backing a man up against eternity
Until he hardly has the nerve to remain immortal - christopher fry

Director/producer
Lyman Brown - chamberlains brown agency
Maud franchot - niagara on the lake
Joy Thompson

Actors
Marta linden
William Hutt
Danny Kay

Agent 
Miss Jane broder

Opera singers
Jussi Björling
Renata Telbaldi
Edith Piaf

No comments:

Post a Comment